I love creating dishes for parties. Mostly appetizers. The easier the better since you always need more than one appetizer. Well, this one is the easiest of all! For New Year’s Eve this year I made appetizers (for just me and my husband) and we also had wavy chips with this delicious chip dip recipe. It’s a great dip to have when you know you will be entertaining. It’s so easy to put together in less than 10 minutes and it will keep for several days in the refrigerator. Just place it in a decorative dish and surround with chips or veggies for a wonderful appetizer at any event!
Homemade French Onion Chip Dip
A fresh, light, delicious recipe perfect chip dipping.
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion (or 1 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Serve with potato chips or cut veggies.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.
Can also be made with 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup mayonnaise, in place of just all sour cream.
I’d love to hear what types of appetizer recipes you like. Feel free to share with me on this blog! Happy New Year!